the importance of wearing sunblock/ sunscreen

Even though you might already heard that we need to wear sunscreen on our faces, some of us still  don't wear it because they don't know how important it is. Since some of us might still don't know the importance of wearing sunblock or sunscreen, so I decides to write it on my blog. There are two reasons why you need to wear sunscreen or sunblock as soon as you want to get out of your house. 

First of all, you need to wear sunblock in order to prevent all of the effects that will pop out on your skin, such as aging faster, wrinkles, dark spots, and skin cancer. If you are exposed to sunlight in your daily activities and you don't wear any sunblock or sunscreen on your skin, your skin will slowly aging and in the following years you will notice some fine lines on your skin even though maybe you are still in your 20s. You will not realize the fine lines instantly, but the effect will be seen a few years later. The most noticeable effect from not wearing any sunscreen is dark spot. Also, when I was 12years old, I took some extra-curricular activities like pramuka (girl scout?) and swimming lesson. Those activities were take time in 12 PM-2PM at friday and saturday and the sun was hot like crayyyyzehhh. I didn't use any kind of sunscreen on my body nor face, and then when I was 13th, I realized that there were black spots all over my hand. At first, I thought I was sick... but then I didn't feel anything for the black spot. I asked a doctor and he said that all of those were dark spots. He also said that in order to remove the dark spots I need laser treatments which take lots of money. oh I wish I could turn back time... I will wear sunscreen back then. 


if you zoom in this photo, you will see the dark spots on my hand
here's a video that will actually shows how sunblock/sunscreen is important.

Also, I heard that sun-ray can be harmful for our skin if we don't use sunscreen/sunblock because it will leads to skin cancer. According to Young (2009), sun exposure will eventually cause skin cancer whether it is because of our daily activities or outdoor occupation (while not wearing sunscreen).

Second, you need to wear sunblock/sunscreen so that your skin will not be dull. 

So, you better wearing sunblock as soon as possible, but remember you need to remove your sunblock using cream/ oil/ balm cleansing before you put skin care routine on your face. if you don't use cream/ oil/ balm cleanser (double cleansing method), all skin care that you use will be useless because it will not absorb into the skin. The remaining sunblock on your skin or pores will block your skin care. The skin care that you used will JUST SIT ON THE SURFACE, NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IS YOUR SKINCARE. Therefore, you need to double cleanse your face using cream/ oil/ balm cleanser. 

some product that you might want to use =
1. sunblock = Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF 50 PA +++ (cheap and doesn't break me out)
2. oil cleanser = innisfree apple juicy cleansing oil 


References
  • Young, C. (2009). 
  • Solar ultraviolet radiation and skin cancer. London: Occup Med. 59 (2): 82-88. Retrieved  from http://occmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/59/2/82.full

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment